Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fabric Fetish: A Nursery Sneak-Peek

Before going any further, I want to say good-bye to one of my favorite blogs, Keeping Up with Stella, whose author, Marla, has decided to give up blogging to focus on her adorabe family. I enjoyed her delightful blog that focused on the very best finds for babies and toddlers. If you didn't get a chance to visit the blog, go now...or check out her last post here where she dishes on some great Etsy shops for children. Oh, and I want to say a big thank you to Marla for listing me as one of her daily reads...you are too sweet, Marla!! You will be missed, and I wish you nothing but the best in your future.

Now moving to more baby news, I want share with you some of the fabrics that will be front and center in my nursery. If you are new to my blog, you may not know that my husband and I are expecting our first child, a girl, in early April. We are beyond thrilled, and the nursery has been such a fun project for me! I have been busy working on the room - pulling all of the details together without stressing about the little things that ultimately don't really matter...and that's hard to do for me to do sometimes. After a little deliberation and sifting through fabrics for hours on end, I have decided to keep it neutral with shades of creme and brown, and I'll add touches of a light, baby pink...not bubblegum or hot pink, but a very subtle pink - a "you barely know it's pink" pink...if that makes sense.

Anyway, below you will see a collage of fabrics (sorry the photos aren't that great) that will surround my baby girl as she sleeps - or cries- ha! I will be posting next week, hopefully, on some of the items and pieces that I have purchased for the room including the crib, rocker, ottoman, side chair, etc. I'll also share with you my vision for the room through a collage of sketches and photos. Before then, though, I hope this gives you a sense of where I am headed with the space. Enjoy the sneak-peek!


Click on image to view larger.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet note above! I will be back- just when I have Ruby on a real schedule and I can get back to having a little internet searching time. Don't worry- you'll know what I mean in April. Those late night feedings can be brutal!
    As for the nursery- YUM! You will have to submit the final pictures to BabySpaces when its all done. I love her blog. You can find it here:
    http://www.babyspace.net.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the fabrics you have chosen. I am not expecting, but I can imagine I would love something very similar and transitional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your little girl will have a room fit for a princess! Hope you're feeling well, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog - your comments are appreciated. The more, the merrier!